[Gllug] OT? Probably hardware - Routing: Why won`t this work?

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 23 14:31:25 UTC 2006

On Fri, June 23, 2006 3:06 pm, t.clarke wrote:
> According the specs on the 3Com Gigabit unmanaged switch, at least,   it
> will
> autoswitch between 10, 100 & 1000 depending on whats connected.
>
> So unless I am completely misunderstanding what you are trying to do,
> the following should work:

My mistake! I should have added that the router is also a wireless AP and
I need that for the wireless clients. I have a three boxes  which are the
backbone of the network which I'd like to have as gigabit connected but
also have two wireless boxes.

Ludicrous for a two bedroom falt, I suppose, but err, we are all hackers
here aren't we?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk