[Gllug] OT: Burnt out power supply

Peter Ball cfl at marguet-ball.net
Thu Jun 22 11:42:26 UTC 2006

On 21 Jun 2006 at 17:36, Frank Scott wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 05:19:03PM +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> > I got one from the Lidl supermarket a couple of years ago (in fact I
> > got two). Very similar to the Kill-a-Watt and they only cost a
> > fiver. I'm willing to lend mine out - on the strict understanding
> > they come right back. Or keep your eyes open at Lidl and Aldi, they
> > sell them at least once a year.
> >

> I've got a Lidl one and a Tchibo one which cost 9.99GBP. I prefer the
> cheaper Lidl one because that gives the power factor (useful for
> sizing up UPS VA requirements).

The one I used is branded Brennenstuhl and I think I got it from Maplin's a couple of
years ago - I can't remember how much I paid for it.

It displays:

1. Volts +  Line frequency

2. Amps + power factor

3. Wattage + maximum wattage + time at which max wattage occurred.

4. Cumulative wattage

Best Wishes

Peter Ball

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk