[Gllug] Bill Gates To Leave Microsoft

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Sun Jun 18 07:25:30 UTC 2006

<rant>
Unfortunately its not the Queen who 'gives' the honours, its Tony Blair and his
cronies!
The Queen, regretably, is only a figurehead.
In some ways I rather feel sorry for her, having to bestow knighthoods and
honours on the various forms of pond-life exisiting in this country.
I am always amazed by the way people that made loads of money for themselves
get knighthoods and CBEs, whereas people who work selflessly for others
invariably get lesser honours.
Fundamentally, IMHO,  our honours system sucks.
I am not saying it should be scrapped as perhaps others do,  but it does need
some radical overhauling  -  not that it will ever happen with politicians
controlling the process.</rant>

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk