[Gllug] Bill Gates To Leave Microsoft

ben fitzgerald ben at bfitzgerald.co.uk
Fri Jun 16 10:08:23 UTC 2006

On Jun 16, 2006 10:02 AM, Chris Bell <chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

> On Fri 16 Jun, Gary Thomas Pownall wrote:
> >
> > Maybe he's seen Vista's test results
> >
> > http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006270829,00.html
>
> He must also be aware of the competition. Is he really leaving, or
>    just
> offloading some of the responsibilities? In any case, I bet he has
> arranged
> a nice little golden handshake and pension scheme.

considering he founded one of the most successful s/w companies ever
seen, I'd say he ought to do well out of it.

it's good to see the head of a company bowing out at a reasonable age.
And not forcing his offspring onto the board (Rupert Murdoch).

I'm no MS fan but <smashie+nicie_voice>he does a lot for charity,
mate</smashie+nicie_voice>

ben.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk