[Gllug] Keyboard giving up the ghost

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Jun 27 05:40:16 UTC 2006

Richard Jones wrote:
> I've got a lovely clunky, heavy IBM PS/2 keyboard, which is sadly
> giving up the ghost after I poured grapefruit juice into it the other
> day.
>
> Does anyone know a source for proper keyboards any more?  All I can
> find now are the super-cheap plastic USB crap that passes for an input
> device these days.

I've got a happy hacker keyboard, which is a good keyboard but
unfortunately I use the function keys, and page up and page down, rather
a lot, and it's starting to really piss me off that you need to use a
function key to access them.

I tried to buy one of these:

http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/customizer.html

but the postage was insane - nearly as much as the keyboard.  If
somebody fancies getting a job lot of these in, I'll happily buy one ;)

Cheers,

Doug.

--
"I am not deep, but very wide" - Balzac