[Gllug] GLLUG Newsletter - 19/06/06

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 13:42:34 UTC 2006

Paul M wrote:
>> problem -- Does anyone want to be an active part of the Studygroup?
I'm interested too. I was one of the original subscribers and the book
is still sitting on my shelf gathering dust. The problem I found last
time was the deadline for the assignments not sitting well with my
workload and the fact that the group interest seemed to die quite quickly.

Comments on the format

Forums can be great but only if they have dedicated energetic moderators
who help the newbies, clear the chaff and generally keep a tight ship.
This is obviously a lot of time, work and effort. Most forums have an
option to alert users to thread alterations which could work well to
keep interest going. Users could subscribe to the lesson thread they are
working on.

Wiki, fantastic for collaborative efforts and creating documentation not
sure how it would translate to a studygroup?

Mailing list, I like the push and the fact it is there to be digested at
will.

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk