[Gllug] DNS Question

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Sat Jun 24 10:13:07 UTC 2006

Andy Farnsworth wrote:
> Am I wrong in thinking that my ISP has control of the DNS even though
> they claim they don't?

Maybe.  It's perfectly possible to have your domain's nameservers
managed by someone other than your ISP.  The person who should know
whether this is the case or not is you, really.

>   Is there a way to get the entire entry information for a domain from
> a DNS server remotely?

Hopefully not.   It should never be possible to slurp an entire zone
remotely except from a machine which is acting as a secondary nameserver.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk