[Gllug] Good up-to-date distro for mini-ITX?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed Jun 21 16:29:27 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 17:12 +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> I have a VIA C3 processor on mini-ITX which I would like to run a modern
> desktop-oriented distro on.
>
> I tried a network install of the latest Ubuntu (ie install using the CD
> and retrieve the packages over the network).
> It died on me - processor type is too old for the kernel I guess.
> Anybody got good ideas?

I'm typing this sitting at an EPIA 800 powered workstation (C3
processor, 800 MHz) running Debian Sarge.  It's quite acceptable, as
long as you don't expect to watch live video.  It's also silent because
I replaced the CPU heatsink+fan with a larger heatsink.

John

--
John Winters, Wallingford, Oxon, England
i = (free (NULL); i++);

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk