[Gllug] OT: Digital camera recommendations

Peter Adamson peter.adamson at isode.com
Tue Jun 13 07:44:45 UTC 2006

will wrote:
> Peter Adamson wrote:
>> Your RAW files coming out of the 350D are 16-bit. (So it's a good
>> idea to use something other than the GIMP for software editing.
>
> Any suggestions for software to use?  Photoshop I guess, but it is
> Windows only, and expensive as I would have to buy windows too :)
Ok.
You can view the RAW images using ufraw.
ufraw can save those images in tiff format (also 16 bit),
cinepaint can then load those images.

There is one catch to all this.
You need to get the images off the camera in the first place.
gphoto2 claims to be able to do that, but I've never got it to work.
So you may need to invest in a memory card reader.

Cheers,
Peter
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk