[Gllug] Python Studygroup (was: GLLUG Newsletter)

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Tue Jun 20 07:16:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 19:25 +0100, John G Walker wrote:

> Wouldn't this be more useful if it was a message board-style forum
> rather than an email-based one? The collective wisdom of participants
> would be laid before newcomers, questions would only have to be asked
> and answered once, and people may become inspired by things written
> months before. Furthermore, you could go away and think about things,
> less pressure to have to respond instantly.
>
> Less ephemeral than an email list,

John,

I agree with your thoughts on messageboard versus mailing list, my only
gripe with them being is that they are "pull" technology whereas mailing
lists get "pushed" into my mailbox ( I forget to check message boards )

There are web archives of the list available - my real question is would
having a messageboard generate any more interest in the group.

Thanks

~sm