[Gllug] IDE Cables/Hot Swap Drive trays

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 16 21:33:13 UTC 2006

On Fri 16 Jun, Paul M wrote:

> The raid array on one of our servers broke, and to add to my woes an
> IDE cable in the  hot swap drive tray came apart in my hands.
> Does anybody have any suggestions as to where I can get a replacement
> cable made up. its very short -- 2". Alternatively does anybody have
> any idea how generic  the trays are? (its an old DFNUK IU rack with an
> Enlight ENL8970 case)
>

> thanks
>
> Paul M

   The connectors are available at Maplin, they are moulded to fit the
ribbon cable and not too difficult to fit. I have made up ribbons before,
squeezing the parts in a vice, and probably have some new connectors left in
North Acton. You probably need to specify the orientation of both connectors
relative to the coloured edge on such a short cable.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk