[Gllug] Dedicated server recommendations?

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Fri Jun 23 19:57:56 UTC 2006

Matthew Thompson wrote:
> Anyone got any suggestions for dedicated servers - just need a simple
> server running Linux that I can use for backu DNS and mail for a few
> hundred domains.
>
> Have been shafted by Fasthosts recently after they refused to
> investigate why the server I was renting kept turning off I'd like
> someone who actually knows what customer support means.

Not (yet) a personal experience recommendation but We're just about to
switch to bytemark - http://www.bytemark.co.uk - after hearing v.good
things about their customer service. Our current host is a nightmare -
server down for 24 hours earlier this month and when you call them they
take half the time "finding who is reponsible for it"!!!!

Cheers
Ryan
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk