[Gllug][OT] external drive for laptop

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Thu Jun 15 18:00:10 UTC 2006

Pooly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry if it's off-topic, but I've seen precious recommendation
> regarding hardware on the list. The free space on my disk is getting
> low, so I'm considering buying an external hard-drive (possibly a mini
> format, low noise, access time is not a problem). Where would you
> recommend to buy an external drive ? (shops in central london,
> websites ?).
> Thanks for your help,

Pooly,
  I don't have a recommendation on where to buy, per se, however I do
have a recommendation that you make sure it is able to be powered
completely from the USB ports on your computer.  Many new external USB
2.5" drive/enclosure combos come with a USB cable with two heads to plug
into two of your computer's USB ports, one for data and power, and the
other for power only.

Andy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk