[Gllug] Where to buy hard drives

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Mon Mar 6 09:46:22 UTC 2006

Hey everyone,
  I know this has been asked in many forms before, but I cannot seem to
find a good answer.  I am looking for a place to buy a pair of 300 GB
SATA hard drives.  For my needs SATA 150 or 300 will work fine and NCQ
support is not really needed.  From all the reviews it seems that no
drive today really needs the SATA 300 bandwidth and NCQ is better for
server loads with a fair amount of traffic but can actually lower
performance on a normal desktop system.  I know about Dabs and eBuyer
(and of course PCWorld) but what I am looking for is opinion on where to
buy as well as other sources besides those three.

Thanks,

Andy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk