[Gllug] [OT] Yahoo Groups problem

Emon contact_emon at gawab.com
Wed Mar 29 10:11:51 UTC 2006

Hi all

I have subscribed to a yahoo group from two different addresses

1) contact_emon at yahoo.com
2) contact_emon at gawab.com

The "Message Delivery" option for the the 1st group is set to
"Individual mail" & the 2nd group was set to "No mail".

So I logged into yahoo groups and changed the "Message Delivery" options
for both addresses to "Individual mail"; saved the changes & logged out
of yahoo. Then logged in again to check if the changes were actually
saved. All seemed OK... so I logged out again; went to bed; woke up in
morning; had nice breakfast... & logged into yahoo groups again & to my
amazement, all the changes I made was undone!!!

The "Message Delivery" option for the the 1st group was set to
"Individual mail"(just as before, no problem with that) but the 2nd
group was set to "No mail"(again)!!

This has gone on for three days & three nights now... I change the
options at night; wake up in the morning to find that it was undone!!

This wasn't alway the case though... this <contact_emon at gawab.com>
account used to receive emails from yahoo groups & I had a filters set
for diverting mails to their designated folders. I recently scrapped the
filters & that's when everything got messed up!! I even disabled SPAM
protection at this <contact_emon at gawab.com> account, but to no effect.

All I can think of is that, it has got to be the position I place myself
while sleeping OR the goodies I eat at breakfast that must be causing
the problem.... can anyone else offer a more *sane* explanation??

Thanks in advance
Emon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk