[Gllug] XFS_repair cannot find master or secondary superblocks

Brad Cahoon kedikebab at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 21:55:38 UTC 2006

On 3/3/06, Tethys <sta296 at astradyne.co.uk> wrote:

> "Martin A. Brooks" writes:
>
> >"I have a RAID5 with a XFS partition that cannot find the superblock
> >  I have tried xfs_repair -o assume_xfs -v /dev.....
> >  this scans for about 2 hours and does nowt to fix"
> >

> >"this is the backup :("
> >
> >Utter utter rubbish, clearly.
>
> Yes, in this case. But you claimed:
>
>         A copy on disk is _not_ a backup.
>
> That's rubbish.
>
> Tet
> --

Maybe we should have [Gllug_R&R] list for you to all vent off into

I didn't realise my question was so insultingly low to the crowd here, would
have preferred a "no mate your F**ked" instead of what I have read here,
don't get me wrong I have enjoyed the odd quips but when a thread gets off
topic to over a hundred quoted quips it becomes quite tiresome.

Will post this to [Gllug_R&R] next time

Brad