[Gllug] recommendations for webmail software?

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Thu Mar 23 09:32:37 UTC 2006

"Richard Cohen" writes:

>However, based on previous experience, I've developed a dislike for
>PHP, and particularly for off-the-shelf, public-facing PHP
>applications.  They just have too much of a history of security and
>other problems for me to want to deal with them.

It should be pointed out that virtually all of the exploits have been
due to poorly written applications, rather than because of vulnerabilities
in PHP itself. However, I understand your concerns completely, and I've
avoided going the PHP webmail route for my family for exactly the same
reasons.

Have you considered coming up with a suitable SELinux policy? That way,
your app may be compromised but the rest of your system won't be.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk