[Gllug] Did I say - MondoRescue is insanely slow?

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Tue Mar 7 16:20:08 UTC 2006

Rich Walker wrote:

>So, I cleaned up a few things, made sure my exclusion list was good, and
>tried it again.
>
>Started about midnight.
>
>15 hours later - DVD 1 is 76% full. Estimated total time - 8520 minutes,
>
>Has anyone used this program to successfully back up a couple of hundred
>GB in a reasonable time? Or should I just use tar and a boot CD?
>
>cheers, Rich.

Rich,
  Something is definitely wrong.  I don't use it, but I have a friend
who has it setup to automatically back up his system every day across
the network.  He is probably more like 80 Gig rather than several
hundred but it still should not take that long.  Try the support lists
and wiki.

http://www.mondorescue.org/support.shtml

Andy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk