[Gllug] Network Attached Storage recommendations

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Mar 9 09:16:15 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 12:08:10AM +0000, Dylan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm looking for a NAS unit to use as a 'live' backup/mirror device for a
> small business. Any experiences to pass on or recommendations of makes
> to steer clear of?

If you want something low-maintenance and reasonably cheap, try the
Buffalo Terastations.  The home server type are very cheap and the Pro
models can be organised to backup to/from eachother if you buy more than
one.  Both types do RAID 0, 1 or 5.

--
Bruce

I see a mouse.  Where?  There, on the stair.  And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill.  -- Harry Hill