[Gllug] Terrible weekend

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Sun Mar 5 13:56:00 UTC 2006

Adrian McMenamin writes:

>I want to be able to recover 260 - 350 GB and it the idea is to cope
>with the sort of failure I've just experienced rather than anything more
>sophisticated

In which case, a simple rsync would almost certainly be sufficient.
To improve the situation, you could consider RAIDing the target
storage, and putting it in another machine, but neither are essential
if cost is an important factor. If you want to keep multiple revisions,
consider one of the many rsync plus hard link options.

I'd use LVM snapshotting while taking the backup, too.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk