[Gllug] [OT] yahoo messenger...

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Tue Mar 28 18:26:13 UTC 2006

Emon wrote:
> Any idea why Yahoo is neglecting all those *nix users out there? I mean
> the last they released a messenger was for RedHat9 and that's about it!!
> I know that there are alternatives like Gaim & others, but they don't
> seem to support all the features :( & it seems that Yahoo doesn't care
> either... any idea why??

There's a small truckload of YIM clients for Linux already.  Why would
anyone need to use Yahoo's?  Anything Y! released would almost certainly
  be a closed source binary lump.

--
Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    |  martin at antibodymx.net      | filtering. Inoculate