[Gllug] anyone

Donald W Williams don at rose963.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 22 15:17:15 UTC 2006

Hi - I've updated my Suse 10 system - via YAST - and find Evolution to
be "broken". I've had so much grief from it over the few months since I
moved to Linux (I'm very happy to have made the move) that I immediately
felt relief - "OK, it doesn't work, install Thunderbird and I'm online
again, great!" But it wasn't OK of course and every time I want to do
anything YAST shouts at me about it!
    I hope the much-bragged-about helpfulness of fellow Linux users can
switch on for me because I can't see a way out, immediately. At 72 my
learning curve has to have a lot of the bend taken out of it. I have
learned a great amount, but it seems I have a long way to go.
    I have a reasonable bit of HP kit and plenty of room on my hard
drive - which holds only Linux. I have been unable to unravel using IM
except as it applies to Skype, or to surmount the hills of the sound
system involved.
    I have googled for the files I am told will resolve the conflict and
when I get there, I'm asked to download exactly the same file as is
currently installed! Yeah, well, I did say I didn't much like Evolution!
    If anyone's feeling a tad helpful I have attached the data from
YAST, telling the tale. I await a kind hand - Don