[Gllug] Backing up to DVD

Moon Watch watchmoon at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 5 10:38:16 UTC 2006

>On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 21:50 +0000, Moon Watch wrote:
> > Hi, again,
> >
> > Thanks for the help.. however I now need to burn an DVD-R from an iso
>file.
> > Before wasting more media.  Can I check do I use cdrecord or dvdrecord
>or
> > some other utility?
>k3b is the One True Way  (assuming you want a GUI)
>
>--

Thanks for the suggestions; however, I was after a command line tool and
found
the answer to be growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=iso-filename.iso

stright from the growisofs man page so its a RTFM to me.  The result seemt
work ok and boot as expected despite being burnt at default spped (6x in
this case).

I will have to see if k3b is undled with my distros.

MW

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk