[Gllug] Re: What is the Gnome & KDE difference??

hrussman1 at ukonline.co.uk hrussman1 at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 14:42:46 UTC 2006

Isn't the real problem with GNOME and KDE that they are emulations of
Windows with many of the disadvantages of  the original? Perhaps it simply
isn't possible to provide this kind of all-singing, all-dancing,
preconfigured, tightly-integrated desktop environment without being "fat,
bloated and slow". I don't use them either but I see no reason to knock
them; they do after all serve their purpose by providing refugees from
Windows with a friendly, familiar-looking interface while they're learning
Linux.

Hazel

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk