[Gllug] [Off-Topic] BIOS questions

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Mon Mar 13 07:36:03 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 05:12 +0000, Emon wrote:
> Hi all
>
> 1)
> I once heard (from an unreliable source) that Intel & others are
> working on a open source alternative for BIOS, is it true?, if
> so, then how far have they progressed?

You might be referring to the Linuxbios project:
http://www.linuxbios.org/index.php/Main_Page
Extremely useful for configuring and controlling large clusters
(which is what I do, don't use Linuxbios though)

which is led by the Cluster Research Lab at Los Alamos.
They've also ported the Plan 9 filesystem to Linux, which is pretty
interesting.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk