[Gllug] postfix: ip address for outgoing mail

Ian Lewis ian.lewis at dlf.org.uk
Wed Mar 1 14:56:19 UTC 2006

<quote: Benedikt Heinen>
How can I control, which IP address postfix is using for sending email on a
machine with several IP addresses  (one network interface with one main and
several aliased IPs; ideally, I'd like postfix just to use the main IP
address, as the aliased ones are only used for different https-hosts)

So far, googling hasn't turned up what I need... :-/
</quote>

The manual at http://www.postfix.org/documentation.html contains examples of
configurations that you can use to help work out what you need.

The IP subnet of the interface you are using is set with the mynetworks
parameter and you might need to look at the relay_<param> settings with
regard to sending mail.

Ian Lewis

--
Systems Administrator