[Gllug] Uh oh, govt attempting to regulate "hacking"

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Wed Mar 8 21:21:25 UTC 2006

Pip writes:

>> This is why EDS are the preferred bidder for every contract, despite
>> their glaring ineptitude!
>
>I work for EDS. Actually, I'm just about to leave, but that's not the
>point. Whilst working there, I've been overwhelmed with the depth of
>knowledge some people have on the technologies they're supporting:
>these are good people.

I can only say that that isn't a representative statement of the
interactions I've had with EDS staff. Those with whom I've had the
misfortune to encounter have indeed been technologically inept, and
good for little except paperwork and beaurocracy.

The fact that others seem to have had experiences similar to mine, and
that EDS have such a poor reputation for these things suggests that
I wasn't just being unlucky. I'm not denying that there are decent
people working there. *Any* organisation above a certain size will
have a few gems. But they certainly don't seem to recruit high calibre
staff as a rule, or if they do, they must keep them in house and not
send them out to customers' sites...

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk