[Gllug] Terrible weekend

Sharon Kimble skimble04 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 17:12:55 UTC 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 14:59, Minty wrote:
> > all lecture me how this is all my own fault, what is the best option for
> > a cheap backup system? I am attracted by the idea of using NAS and half
> > a terrabyte of disks, just syncing in the small hours of the morning. I
>
> I've found rdiff_backup [1] optionally with an ssh tunnel works nicely
> what what I'm after.  Not huge daily volumes of data, and it was a
> breeze to setup.
>
> I particularly like being able to get back to a particular file on a
> particular date concept.
>
> [1] http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/
 My preference is for rsnapshot [http://www.rsnapshot.org/] which mirrors your
selected directories from a config file in hourly/weekly/monthly according to
the time specifications that are set in the config file and your cron job.
Works nicely for me.

Sharon.
--
 17:10:44 up 5 days, 6 min,  1 user,  load average: 1.95, 1.75, 1.61
A taste of linux http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk