[Gllug] XFS_repair cannot find master or secondary superblocks

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Mar 5 13:09:31 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 11:26 +0000, Nix wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Mar 2006, John Winters suggested tentatively:
[snip]
> > I'm happy to say that when I was running The Linux Emporium it had just
> > such a backup system.  I'd hardly call TLE a "vast company".
>
> You had multiple offsite copies?

Er, yes.  That's not very arduous at all.  You do a backup every night,
then take it off site.  It stays off site for a certain length of time,
then comes back, by which time fresh copies will have replaced it off
site.

>  You had a backup medium that *guaranteed* recovery? Ye *gods*.

No single piece of media guarantees recovery - that's why you have
several.

It really isn't as big a deal as you seem to think.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk