[Gllug] Resources for software developers

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 8 20:53:02 UTC 2006

Tethys wrote:
> "Dan Stevens (IAmAI)" writes:
>

>>I have my final year of Computer Science at uni (in Aberystwyth)
>>starting in September, and my final year project. I have been think
>>about this and decided it would be could to start preparing myself for
>>it now. I wondered if anyone might be able to recommend some good
>>resources for software development and project management practices,
>>principles, etc?

> Err... not wanting to be funny, but do computer sciences degrees not
> teach those any more then? I know mine did.

Mine didn't, and it was regarded as a respectable one (Cambridge). But
that was 25 years ago:) It was very nuts and bolts. My final year
project was writing code for the "Cambridge Ring" - an early network
which ran at a whole 1Mb/s. I don't think they actually used any of my
code mind:)

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk