[Gllug] Memebership problem....or may be not

Emon contact_emon at gawab.com
Fri Mar 17 11:11:42 UTC 2006

Hi all

The Short Story

I subscribed to this list with this
(contact_emon at unitedemailsystems.com) account, but I am not yet
receiving any mail, can someone please inform me if my
membership has been accepted or not?? I have already replied to
the confirmation email sent from this list.

Thanks
Emon

The Long Story

I am a newbie running Slackware10.2 & using a narrow-band
dial-up connection.
I am already subscribe to this group with this
(contact_emon at gawab.com) account. <gawab.com> supports POP3 and
I was able to download mail using the
"mozilla-thunderbird-1.0.6-i686-1" mail client (I just started
using mail clients recently). The problem was that I had already
setup a few filters in my account at <gawab.com> & incoming
mails are sorted & delivered to their appropriate folders as per
the settings in the filters; but "Thunderbird" was able to
download mails only from the inbox NOT the other folders.

So people suggested that I should use an IMAP account. So I
setup this account (contact_emon at unitedemailsystems.com) and
setup a few filters just like in my old account and also
imported all the mails from my old account
(contact_emon at gawab.com) to my  new account
(contact_emon at unitedemailsystems.com). Upon importing, the mails
were automatically sorted as per the filters, but "Thunderbird"
was only able to show new mails received on this new account
(like the subscription confirmation message from this list) not
the old imported mails. I can only see my old mails if I login
to my account with the browser (mozilla-1.7.11-i486-2).

I would be very grate if some one can please with the following

1) Point out what I am doing wrong

2) Teach me how use the facilities of an IMAP account (I am kind
of have trouble understanding it)

3) confirm if my subscription to this list (from the new
account) has been accepted.

Sorry for babbling on & on & on.....

Thanks
Emon