[Gllug] Wanted - a calendar with the ability to share and synchronize

Ben Fitzgerald ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 12 12:13:22 UTC 2006

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 11:43:54AM +0000, John Winters wrote:
> The recent leaks about Google calendars got me thinking again about a
> long term WIBNI of mine.

<snip>

> So - can anyone recommend anything good?  All I want is a reasonably
> slick interface (*not* a classic HTML app) and the ability to view it
> from two different locations (which don't have any shared network
> drives, but do have the possibility of comms via ssh between them).

Well, it's certainly not "slick", but pal gets the job done for me:

http://palcal.sourceforge.net/

You can run it via ssh as it's command line for editing.

You can have it dump a pretty html calendar to different files sourcing
different pal files ,e.g work + play and protect play with an apache
config. Not sure if someone has rigged up a search cgi page yet but
again this would be trivial.

I like pal as it does what it says on the tin. Your scheduling may be
more complex than mine, though.

hth,

ben.

--