[Gllug] PAN newsreader - grrrr

Tethys tet at gambitresearch.com
Wed Mar 15 10:23:48 UTC 2006

On 3/15/06, Stephen Harker <steve at pauken.co.uk> wrote:

> Try running "gnome-control-center" which should set up all your default
> GTK/Gnome themes. Although, annoyingly, these sometimes don't take
> effect without running the gnome desktop itself.

mrburns:~% gnome-control-center
bash: gnome-control-center: command not found

I don't use a GNOME desktop, nor is it even installed (and I don't
particularly want it to be). It just annoys me intensely that certain
apps are crippled by the lack of GNOME being installed. There's no
reason to make apps that are so dependent on other components being
present, but sadly it appears to be becoming all too common these
days.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk