[Gllug] anyone

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Wed Mar 22 22:26:16 UTC 2006

M.Blackmore wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 16:10 +0000, Ryan Cartwright wrote:
>
>>Donald W Williams wrote:
>>
>>>Hi - I've updated my Suse 10 system - via YAST - and find Evolution to
>>>be "broken"
>>
>>Basically this seems to be a dependency issue

<snip>
> Is it possible to install evolution from somewhere else that would put
> things in the right place (i.e another source)?

In Don's case it was not evolution that was the problem - as such - but
the absence of the packages it depended on. If he/you could get those or
could install/build those files from another source then I assume the
problem will be resolved (don't use SuSE on a desktop nor Evolution).

In Don's case the missing packages were
* libcamel-provider-1.2.so.6
* libedataserver-1.2.so.4
* libegroupwise-1.2.so.8
* libexchange-storage-1.2.so.0

evolution-2.4.0-3.4 (and the packages above) should be available from
rpmfind if you want to go that route - try here http://tinyurl.com/kdlew
(tinyurl link to rpmfind) for the evolution package with links to the
other dependencies.
To be honest SuSE may well make the packages available soon anyway - you
never know and you could always build it from source
http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/download.shtml :o)

cheers
Ryan
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk