[Gllug] slightly OT: anyone running MAC OSX? need to test some html

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Tue Mar 28 11:42:43 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Slightly OT but as it affects Konqueror - perhaps not.

I think I may have found a bug in the way KHTML renders rtl elements.
Certainly in Konqueror is rendering incorrectly.

I want to check whether it's KHTML or Konqueror that's the issue. Does
anyone have access to MAC OSX and if so would you care to check this
code on Safari for me. Come to that any browser using KHTML will do.
Firefox, Opera, Sea Monkey and even IE6 all render this as I would have
expected and as the w3c docs seem to suggest it should be rendered.

<h4>The line below should read "first second third fourth fifth sixth"
on the right of the page</h4>

<h4>The line below should read "sixth fifth fourth third second first"
on the right of the page</h4>
<h4>The line below should read "first second third fourth fifth sixth"
on the left of the page</h4>

This produces six lines - the h4 lines can be ignored they're just for
info. The problem is the way the fourth line is rendered (div id
"problem line"). This should read "sixth fifth fourth third second
first" on the right of the page but in Konqueror (and Quanta's preview
feature) it renders "sixth htfif fourth driht second first".

If someone could run that through another KHTML browser it would enable
me to point my bug report at the right place (Konqueror or KHTML).

cheers
Ryan
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk