[Gllug] List archive and Broadband suppliers

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 09:27:14 UTC 2006

On 3/24/06, ben at whyte-systems.co.uk <ben at whyte-systems.co.uk> wrote:

> So I will just ask away, I am just about to move into a new flat and
> wonder what my best bet is for Broadband.

What are you trying to achieve?  If all you want is a 'fast'
connection, and won't be serving anything yourself, then you won't
need to worry about things like static IPs and upload speeds.

I am now on 10M NTL (Telewest) and find it to be very reliable and
fast.  I've had no need for technical support, so can't comment there.
 I now do all my "serving" via Bytemark, who are also very good.

Before leaving London I used Zen, and found them to be excellent -
strong recommendation .  They weren't the cheapest but were very very
reliable and on the rare occasions I needed tech support, they were
super.

I also used Demon, once when they did have a clue, and then again,
once they'd lost it.

> Ben

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk