[Gllug] disk problems

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 15 21:12:37 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 08:21:14PM +0000, Sean Burlington wrote:

[software RAID]

> ...having looked at disk prices properly :-)
>
> and there seem to be quite a few howtos out there
>
> any gotchas I should be aware of?

Nope, not if you're going to install from scratch.  Migrating an
existing system to it is easily done but a bit more involved.

> - do I need to compile a kernel - or does one of the debian kernels fit
> the bill?

The stock debian kernels include the necessary support, and the
installer will also allow you to configure this.

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB