[Gllug] Where to buy hard drives

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon Mar 6 12:04:21 UTC 2006

On Monday, 6 Mar 2006, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
>Richard Jones wrote:
>>Got 3 SATA drives from scan.co.uk the other day without issues.
>>However I have had "issues" with them in the past, and their website
>>is blecherous - I think that's the technical term for a horribly
>>designed, unusuable piece of crap.

I _think_ Dabs are currently ahead in the vomit-up-your-skull Website
game, but...

>Scan once tried to defraud my credit card.

Recently I was told Scan (who I had not used for some years because
their returns department were so hopeless) were OK again. After about
2 weeks it became apparent that they did not have the part I'd
ordered (on the understanding it was in stock), had no idea when they
would get more, and had lied to me repeatedly about its stock status.

Overclockers carry a certain amount of gear without blue LEDs on, and
they haven't screwed up _yet_ in my experience. A friend of mine has a
Komplett horror story, but it's the only one I've heard about
Komplett.

*sigh* bring back GND, that's what I say...

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Today is Olethros, March - a weekend.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk