[Gllug] Installing Debian Sarge on a brand new SATA-based machine

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed May 10 18:09:11 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 17:16 +0100, Derek Bush wrote:
> The problem is, if I tell the installer to use the
> local mirror and forget about proxies and stuff, then it finds the
> mirror fine, but then without permission tries to access
> security.debian.org to see if there are any security updates.
>
> Can't you just manually comment out the "deb
> http://security.debian.org/ ....." line ?

No.  The accessing of security.debian.org is a specific step in the
installation process - it's not just doing an "apt-get update" with that
line in /etc/apt/sources.list (which AFAICS has not even been created at
the point where the attempted access occurs).

John

--
John Winters, Wallingford, Oxon, England
i = (free (NULL); i++);

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk