[Gllug] Xen - bit of a ramble

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Tue May 16 16:37:48 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 10:50:06AM +0100, Ryland, Peter wrote:
> In fact, a
> ring 1 kernel can even be given actual hardware access for a piece of
> hardware to enable it to use native drivers for that hardware,
> eliminating any overhead at all.

In theory, however my attempt to do this with an Adaptec SCSI card was
greeted by quite a few oopsen.

It'd work for a while (a few Gb written to tape), but it wasn't by any
means stable.

Who was to blame, I don't know. Maybe it's better under Xen 3, maybe it
was a broken driver which didn't play well under Xen...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk