[Gllug] mutt & saved outgoing encrypted email

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu May 18 17:07:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 04:46:21PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 05:40:10PM +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> > The trouble is that the stored email is encrypted using the *receipient's* public key,
> > since I don't know their private key I cannot decrypt it and so cannot later read
> > what I sent them.
>
> Set "encrypt-to YOURKEYID" in ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf.

Hmmm: the trouble with that is that it used YOURKEYID to encrypt BOTH the
saved message and the outgoing one .... this means that the recipient will
not be able to read the message, but I can read my saved copy.

I don't think that it makes any difference to note that I am signing & encrypting
the messages.

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.