[Gllug] a more intelligent shell

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon May 22 15:00:54 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 01:34:55AM +0100, Russell Howe wrote:
> On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 10:57:51PM +0100, Richard Turner wrote:
> > Well, I've not used it but I've heard people wax lyrical about zsh
>
> Yeah. zsh is cool. I just found it to be quite slow, and to sometimes
> get very confused about its state.

Does zsh still have the funny "Sun keyboard fix" hack?  On older Sun
keyboards, ` (back quote) and the return key were close together such
that inevitably from time to time you'd type a command with an
extraneous back quote at the end.  zsh could be configured to
automatically remove it.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.