[Gllug] OT: number porting between the same network

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon May 1 17:31:21 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 01:31:56PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Now my question is, can I take a PAC code from Vodafone and give it to
> CarphoneWarehouse/Vodafone to retain my number as I move to the new deal
> ? Carphone warehouse seems to say yes, Vodafone seems to say No.

Well I don't know about "switching" to the same network, but my
colleague has been trying to use the PAC to switch to a different
network for the past couple of months with absolutely no success at
all.  At various times one or both of his numbers (ie. the old number
which he wants to keep, and the new number which he's not supposed to
have) has failed, and so far he hasn't managed to get the new
network's phone working with the old number at all.  The networks are,
IIRC, Vodaphone and O2.  Add to that the fact that he switched to a
Windoze-based "smart" phone which has had to be replaced once because
of software problems and the new one still needs to be rebooted once a
day, and he's doubly cursed :-(

Is this a conspiracy by the mobile networks?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk