[Gllug] Installing Debian Sarge on a brand new SATA-based machine

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed May 10 18:50:10 UTC 2006

On Wed 10 May, John Winters wrote:

> Any squid gurus out there?  (Or anyone know how to get the debian
> installer to behave?)
>
> TIA,
> John

   I am running apt-proxy-v2 on a Pentium 100Mhz with large disc. It allows
multiple choices of external mirror sites in order of preference, and also
mirrors the security updates.
   Another similar box is used to build the Debian ISO images in its own
time using Jigdo, using the apt-proxy-v2 as source. This forces the
apt-proxy box to update the data.
   When loading Debian on a new box I log in to an alternative text screen
as soon as possible and hand edit the /etc/apt/sources.list if neccessary.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk