[Gllug] Is anyone else getting download rates near zero today?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue May 2 07:29:13 UTC 2006

On Tue 02 May, Alan Pope wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 23:26 +0100, Chris Bell wrote:

> Is your exchange being upgraded to MAX? Could it be BT thrashing the
> nadgers out of it whilst testing?

   As far as I know, my exchange (Acton, 0208992) has been MAX enabled for
several years. It could be that extensive unannounced work was in progress,
the download rate appeared to suddenly switch between different values,
while the link from here to the exchange never changed. Perhaps they are
getting ready for ADSL2.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk