[Gllug] GNU Mailman question

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sun May 28 11:59:49 UTC 2006

I've tried googling for this, but it's a nightmare given that the list
name is the same as the program name and so somebody here might be able
to help.

I am experimenting with GNU Mailman to run a few lists for friends. GNU
Mailman insists on having a site wide admin list called "mailman" and by
default puts text like this on the list subscription page:

If you are having trouble using the lists, please contact
mailman at newgolddream.dyndns.info.

SAending an email makes this turn up in the maillog (this is Fedora Core
5):

May 28 12:37:32 list-serv sendmail[6773]: k4SBbVvm006773:
from=<adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk>, size=1056, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<1148816247.13026.0.camel at localhost.localdomain>, proto=SMTP,
daemon=MTA, relay=sc-outsmtp2.homechoice.co.uk [81.1.65.36]

May 28 12:37:33 list-serv sendmail[6774]: k4SBbVvm006773:
to="|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman",
ctladdr=<mailman at newgolddream.dyndns.info> (8/0), delay=00:00:01,
xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=prog, pri=31287, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

But I have no idea what happens to the sent in email at this point - the
other lists appear to work perfectly well according to their users.
Anyone know what I should be looking for? This email address is the
admin address for the list.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk