[Gllug] I can't work out if this guy is a genius troll or just a complete fool

Chris Hutchison chris.hutchison at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 2 09:18:45 UTC 2006

On 2 May 2006, at 00:16, Henry Gilbert wrote:

> On 01/05/06, Henrik Morsing <henrik at morsing.cc> wrote:
>>
>> Henry Gilbert said:
>>
>> > I am 99% sure  who is the team behind Shelley The Republican.
>> > I can't say - it would spoil the fun; but if anyone guesses it
>> > correctly - I will confirm.
>>
>> Caldera?
>>

> hehe.
>
> no. a hint - they are a professional team of news trollers.
> and that is giving away too much.

Whoever it may be, this is one of the most hilariously funny sites I've
ever seen.  I cracked up this morning when I read:

	I've been to Europe. I saw people openly copulating with underage gay
	horses. They breed gay horses and marry them in their mosques. Never
	on any account (and I mean this) go to Luxembourg - not only is it
very,
	very small but they also speak French. Did you know the french for
	six six six translates quite literally as 'we hate america'. Commie
b*stards.
	[http://shelleytherepublican.com/2006/03/hate-made-in-europe.html]

My best guess, quite frankly, is that this is a spoof site so downright
outrageously ridiculous that it can only be some mischievous amateur
satirist fishing for a book deal (as so many bloggers have done of
late).  The posts are themselves glorious, but that they've managed to
elicit such spectacularly bizarre comments (both genuine and
tongue-in-cheek) is testimony to the genius of the blogger.  Or am I
letting my imagination run away with me ...?

> HG
> --

Chris Hutchison
Richmond upon Thames