[Gllug] Active Directory for non Microsoft experts

andrew-li at black1.org.uk andrew-li at black1.org.uk
Thu May 25 14:20:17 UTC 2006

Can anyone suggest a source of info on "Active Directory for non
Microsoft experts". I work in a shop where the infrastructure is Windoze (and I am sure other people are in this boat).
I am involved in activities where knowledge of Active Directory would be
useful
 - administrating groups of users (via a web interface)
 - administrating share access rights
 - administrating various Unix and VMS boxes that could interact with
   Windoze security

It would be useful at least to be able to have a grasp of the correct
terms so if I ask the IT department for something we speak the same
language.

However most places I have looked assume you are administering a Windoze
server.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk