[Gllug] Re: [LUG] Re: [DCPM] NCC Open Source Hub

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri May 5 20:26:41 UTC 2006

On 05/05/06, Simon Waters <simon at technocool.net> wrote:
> Aaron Trevena wrote:
> >
> > http://www.ncc.co.uk/research/projects/os_hub.cfm
>
> Hmm, why do I get the feeling that if I viewed their form in a
> proprietary viewer I might be able to submit it directly.
>
> Let's see consult with Open Source users and suppliers, HTML v Adobe
> Acrobat -- lets see one will work on anything connected to the Internet,
> the other requires them to use proprietary software as well, okay lets
> go with the proprietary software because it is easier for me (the forms
> author)

Yes, that's pretty much what the GGLUG list said, but over abour 20 posts :)

You can actually submit just the XML populated - somebody watched the
wire and provided it to GLLUG, naturally a disection of the poorly
designed XML followed..

My thought was that - given it's a form, why not provide a "web page"
with a "form" in which to submit the result, without having to
download a pdf and print it and return it.

Of course all the whinging could lead them to believe that we're a
bunch of pedantic back seat drivers with a sarky response to
everything.. :)

A.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk