[Gllug] Screen logging

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Sat May 6 19:18:07 UTC 2006

Hi all.

For the third time in about a year, I'm trying to setup smtp-auth with
postfix and once again about to give up. I would like TLS as well but that
seems an even more ambitious project.

I think one of my current issues (I'm sure more will follow) is that in
main.cf I have

smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/saslpass

and in sasl/smtpd.conf

pwcheck_method: passwd
mech_list: digest-md5 cram-md5

How does that match? What reads sasl/smtpd.conf and where is saslpass.db
supposed to come from? I constantly get the error:

May  6 20:08:17 emil postfix/smtp[555]: fatal: open database
/etc/postfix/saslpass.db: Invalid argument

Reading the manuals there are a couple of different ways of authenticating
users. passwd, shadow and auxprop being a few. I'm basically just after a
plain passwd DB but what does auxprop do? I'm on Debian 3.1 and Postfix
2.1.5-9

Thanks

----

Regards,